Mundial Montréal is proud to partner with the Conseil des arts de Montréal and its partner for the 8th Diversity in Music Award.
The Diversity in Music Award has expanded! Serving to showcase the city’s wide variety of musical expressions, this year’s award will honour not one but 2 collectives, offering winners support for creation, production, recording and dissemination over a one-year period. And to better address the needs of artists and the reality of the arts community, the award now has 2 separate components:
- Exploration based on an established musical tradition
- Creation based on new or emerging forms of music
Among the prizes on offer, depending on the component, are:
- a one-week creation residency at the Centre des musiciens du monde (including artistic support);
- participation in musical activities staged by Arte Musica at the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts;
- a two-day recording session at Radio-Canada’s Studio 12 or two days of training in media communications offered by Radio-Canada;
- passes for the 8th edition of Mundial Montréal (professional designation) as well as visibility (on the Internet and social networks);
- a performance in the Espace culturel Georges-Émile-Lapalme at Place des Arts;
- a concert tour as part of the touring program Conseil des arts de Montréal en tournée;
- support and participation in MUZ La Vitrine des musiques locales métissées, event organized by Vision Diversité
- and a performance at the Outremont Theatre, also offered by Vision Diversité.
Interested candidates have until April 25, 2018 to apply. To learn more about the award or to submit an application package, go to: www.artsmontreal.org/en/prizes/prix-diversite.