MusicNL is seeking a songwriter to send to the Canadian Songwriter Challenege in Charlottetown, PEI May 22-25, 2018. MusicPEI will take 4 PEI artists and pair them with 4 artists from the rest of Canada. MusicNL members in good standing may apply for this program. All travel costs will be covered by MusicPEI. The deadline to apply is Feb 16th, 2018 at 12:00pm (noon).
Music PEI established the Canadian Song Conference (CSC) in 2015 and was tremendously successful in bringing music industry professionals from across Canada, the US, UK and Australia to PEI to participate. The CSC includes workshops and panels designed to assist artists in developing multiple revenue streams and explores the art and commerce of songs and songwriting.
The Canadian Songwriter Challenge (supported by Bell Media) is a component of the CSC and was created by Music PEI through a partnership with other provincial Music Industry Associations. This project puts artists from PEI together with artists from across Canada to collaborate and co-write in pairs. Each pair of artists has 2 days to write and record two songs in demo form. Music PEI will provide the recording studio and will work with the other MIAs to select the other participating artists.
The PEI Songwriter Challenge will take place between May 22nd and the 25th. MusicPEI will take 4 PEI artists and pair them with 4 artists from the rest of Canada.
- One artist selected from MusicNL membership to be paired with a Music PEI member
- The artist arrives in Charlottetown May 21st
- Songwriting sessions are scheduled between the 2 artists on the 23rd and 24th.
- At the end of each day a demo is recorded of the song that is written
- Music PEI provides a full studio with producer for the 2 days
- May 26th, each pair of songwriters present their songs in recorded demo format to our delegates in a listening session during the conference. These are pitch sessions, not critiquing sessions. The goal is to sell these songs.
- Performance opportunity at the Canadian Songsmith Sessions Concert May 26th.
Music PEI will provide the artist with:
- Travel allowance to cover flight or mileage
- Hotel during their stay
- Jury selected partner to work with
- Professional studio to work in
- Performance fee for the concert
- Catered lunches plus $30 per diem
- Free access to the Canadian Song Conference
If you wish to apply for this opportunity, please follow the link to our application here. All applications are being received through Marcato, and will be juryed by a group of industry professionals.