1. Introduction This Request for Information (“RFI”) is issued by by Marine Atlantic Inc. (“MAI”) for the purposes of gathering information about the marketplace in order to assist in the determination of future purchasing options or requirements. Respondents are asked to respond to MAI and provide the information requested below. Marine Atlantic Inc. (“MAI”) is a Federal Crown Corporation that reports to the Government of Canada through the Minister of Transport. MAI provides a constitutionally mandated passenger and commercial marine transportation system between Newfoundland and Nova Scotia. MAI owns and operates terminals located in the ports of Port aux Basques, NL, Argentia, NL, and North Sydney, NS. The Corporation’s head office is located in St. John’s, NL.
2. Deadline for Questions February 23, 2018 4:00 PM local time Submission Deadline February 28, 2018 2:00PM local time The RFI timetable is tentative. It may be changed by MAI at any time, and MAI may choose to waive or extend the Deadline for Questions, Deadline for Addenda and/or the Submission Deadline.
3. The purpose of this RFI is to seek musical entertainers for onboard MAI passenger ferries for the upcoming summer season, June 15 – September 15, 2018. This service will provide entertainment for passengers travelling aboard MAI ferries. Onboard entertainment will comprise of either single or duo groups only. Entertainers will be required to work a seven (7) day gig, starting Wednesdays onboard the vessel and are required to play up to seven (7) 45-minute sets per day. Selected Entertainers must have a wide repertoire of music including selections from Atlantic Canada and Newfoundland. A shared room and meals will be provided onboard the vessel at no charge. Entertainers are responsible to provide the equipment to conduct the entertainment program. Entertainers will be required to adhere to MAI’s alcohol and drug policy, no alcohol or drugs may be consumed, during the contract period. A contract will be required to be signed. MAI will not consider any contact with agents. MAI will not consider shorter gigs or bartered fares.
4. Information Requested Interested Respondents are required to submit the following: a) An amateur video with three (3) music selections on a flash drive, CD or link to a website. b) A short biography about the group or individual. c) Contact info including, names, addresses, phone numbers and emails of all participants.
5. Submission Instructions
Respondents are asked to submit their information and signed Respondent Submission Form by February 28, 2018 to the following address and to the attention of the following MAI Contact: Marine Atlantic Inc. 65 Memorial Drive North Sydney, NS B2A 0B9 Attn: Allison Angell-Oliver Purchasing Agent Phone: (902) 794-5375, Fax: (902) 794-5283 Alternatively, if the submission is entirely electronic, Respondents can submit via email to email@example.com, web links for consideration along with all requested information above. Respondents should direct any questions in writing or via email regarding this RFI process to the same MAI Contact. Questions will be accepted until 4:00 p.m. (Atlantic Time), on February 23, 2018 at 4:00PM local time. Questions received after inquiry deadline will not be considered. Submissions should include a completed and signed Respondent Submission Form (Appendix A) that acknowledges, among other things, that this RFI and any respondent submissions will not create a legal relationship or obligation regarding the procurement of any good or service.
APPENDIX A – RESPONDENT SUBMISSION FORM
1. Respondent Information Please fill out the following form, naming one person to be the respondent’s contact for the RFI process and for any clarifications or communication that might be necessary. Full Legal Name of Respondent: Any Other Relevant Name under which Respondent Carries on Business: Street Address: City, Province/State: Postal Code: Phone Number: Fax Number: Company Website (if any): Respondent Contact Name and Title: Respondent Contact Phone: Respondent Contact Fax: Respondent Contact Email: 2. Terms of Reference In responding to this RFI, the respondent acknowledges its acceptance of the following RFI Terms of Reference: a. Request for Information Not a Formal Competitive Bidding Process This RFI is issued for information-gathering purposes and is not intended to be a formal legally binding “Contract A” bidding process. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, this RFI will not necessarily result in any subsequent negotiations, direct contract award, invitational tendering process or open tendering process, and does not constitute a commitment by MAI to procure any goods or services. b. RFI Not to Limit MAI’s Pre-existing Rights This RFI will not limit any of MAI’s pre-existing rights. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, MAI expressly reserves the right, at its discretion, to: (i) seek subsequent information or initiate discussions with any potential supplier, including potentials suppliers that did not respond to this RFI
(ii) initiate direct negotiations for the procurement of any good or service with any potential supplier or suppliers, regardless of whether the potential supplier or suppliers responded to this RFI;
(iii) contact a limited number of potential suppliers, which may include only those that responded to this RFI or may include potential suppliers that did not respond to this RFI, for the purpose of a competitive process for the procurement of any good or service;
(iv) elect to proceed by way of open tender call where all potential respondents, including those that did not respond to this RFI, are eligible to compete for the award of a contract for the supply of any good or service; and
(v) elect not to procure the good or service that is the subject of this RFI. These expressly reserved rights are in addition to any and all other rights of MAI that existed prior to the issuance of this RFI.
Pricing Information for General Information Purposes Only
Any pricing information provided by respondents is for general information purposes and is not intended to be binding on respondents. Any legally binding pricing or purchasing commitments will be established only where specified by the express terms of a subsequent tender call process or where established through the execution of a written agreement. d. Information in RFI Only an Estimate MAI and its advisers make no representation, warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy of the information contained in the RFI or issued by way of addenda. Any quantities shown or data contained in this RFI, or provided by way of addenda, are estimates provided only as general background information. e. Parties to Bear Their Own Costs MAI will not be liable for any expenses incurred by a respondent, including the expenses associated with the cost of preparing responses to this RFI.
The parties will bear their own costs associated with or incurred through this RFI process, including any costs arising out of, or incurred in,
(i) the preparation and issuance of this RFI;
(ii) the preparation and making of a submission; or
(iii) any other activities related to this RFI process. f. Accuracy of Responses The respondent acknowledges that the information provided is, to the best of its knowledge, complete and accurate.
Submissions Will Not Be Returned Except where set out to the contrary in this RFI or expressly requested in the respondent’s submission, the submission and any accompanying documentation provided by a respondent will not be returned.