#ExportNL is a year-long program created to help NL artists develop their export capacity. As part of the program, the MusicNL team will work with the artist cohort to identify and target international showcasing opportunities, to expand alternative revenue streams, and to build relationships with export buyers.
Each artist will have a chance to work with a team of professional videographers to create an adaptable showcase video, allowing them to leverage opportunities as they arise, without the need to travel. The MNL team will create online networking opportunities between the artist cohort and selected Export Buyers, such as booking agents, venue and festival programmers, promoters, and presenters, allowing artists to lay the foundation of eventual national and international tours. Music supervisors and publishers will also be part of the mix, to help diversify artists’ revenue model.
#ExportNL is a year-long program aimed at furthering the careers of up to 10 EXPORT-READY and EXPORTING ARTISTS. Selected artists must have a strong professional history and be in a position to leverage international opportunities as they arise.
MusicNL Export Showcase
To be considered for an #ExportNL Showcase, you must be a MusicNL member and have six of the following items:
- 1 recording in the past 24 months
- 1 recording in the next 12 months
- Airplay, national charting on published charts, or official Streaming Playlist
- Management/Self-management team with proven history
- International export history
- International export strategy, including target markets
- Previously showcased at a recognized music industry event
- Minimum of 4,500 social media followers across all platforms
- Minimum of 20 performances out of province in the past 3 years.
- For groups, band agreements are mandatory.
Trade Commissioners Services
Now more than ever, the Trade Commissioner Service helps Canadian businesses grow with confidence by connecting them with our funding and support programs, international opportunities, and our network of trade commissioners in over 160 cities worldwide. Click here to visit the site.
Find a Trade Commissioner responsible for arts and cultural industries.