MusicNL is pleased to announce a one-time COVID-19 funding program to support artists touring within Newfoundland & Labrador. Between June 9, 2021 and March 31, 2022 (or until funding is exhausted), we will be accepting applications for intra-provincial touring for Newfoundland & Labrador musicians.
Applications must be submitted no later than 1 week (7 days) prior to the start date of the proposed project. Late applications will not be considered.
Applicants may apply for up to 100% of eligible expenses to a maximum of:
- $500 Solo Artist
- $750 Duo
- $1,000 Group
- *An additional $500 per member (up to a maximum of $1,500) is available for travel to or from Labrador.
- Monies are a grant and not repayable.
- A group is considered 3 or more individuals.
- To be considered a tour, there can be no more than 3 days between tour dates.
- Tours must include three dates within the province in at least two different municipalities. At least two municipalities included in the tour must be more than 100km from artist/group’s current residence.
HOW ARE DECISIONS MADE?
- The MusicNL Funding Committee is comprised of a minimum of three (3) industry professionals and a Government Liaison.
- These meetings happen bi-monthly and are facilitated by the MusicNL Programs Manager.
- Your application form and supporting materials should provide all the information the committee needs to know about you and your project.
- MusicNL reserves the right to decline or approve any application.
- Applicant must have been a resident of Newfoundland & Labrador for at least six (6) months prior to the application. Proof of residency may be required.
- Individuals/groups are eligible to receive funding under this program one time only
- Touring outside of Newfoundland & Labrador, professional development activities, recording projects, and marketing activities. Please see separate funding programs available through MusicNL.
- Projects that do not have a performance component
- Projects with less than three (3) confirmed dates
- Projects with less than two (2) municipalities
- Applications received less than one week before project start date
- Travel, including transportation costs to, from, and within the target market(s)
- Per diems
RESTRICTIONS TO ELIGIBLE EXPENSES:
- Best economy rates for flights, hotels and vehicle rentals only
- Mileage under Government of Newfoundland and Labrador provincial rate eligible only when using privately owned vehicle. Mileage forms must be submitted with final report
- Promotional costs are eligible if limited to a specific project and during the specific project period.
- Only those expenses incurred after the application has been received by MusicNL are eligible
- Any expenses to be paid to the applicant by the promoter in lieu of payment must be included at the time of application and declared as artist’s revenue
- Any and all expenses not mentioned under eligible expenses
- Manager fees
- Rental or purchase of any equipment
- Traffic ticket expenses
- Costumes and wardrobe expenses
- Successful applicants will receive investment support until funding for this program is exhausted.
HOW TO APPLY
- All applications must be submitted electronically
- If you have any technical questions regarding your submission, email email@example.com
- It is strongly recommended that MusicNL be contacted at least a month in advance of submission to discuss the proposed project before an application is submitted. Applications must be submitted at least one week in advance of project start date.
- Appointments must be made through firstname.lastname@example.org
- Incomplete applications will not be accepted
- Your application will not be reviewed if you have an overdue final report.
- Attach a separate budget that reports the full cost of the project (i.e.: all expenses incurred even if not eligible under this program). This information will aid MusicNL in calculating the private investment in each project and to analyze the amount of investment Newfoundland and Labrador music initiatives might require going forward.
PAYMENT PROCESS AND PROJECT COMPLETION
- Successful applicants will receive an advance payment of 75% of the grant following submission of a signed Funding Agreement (see below) and a final payment of 25% following submission of the final report.
- MusicNL reserves the right to a period of four weeks (20 business days) in order to process a claim once the final report, including all appropriate receipts, has been received.
- Repayment of funds shall be required if receipts are less than the 75% advance payment.
- Approved applicants are required to sign a Funding Agreement that outlines terms and conditions of funding.
- Approved applicants are required to submit a final report within thirty (30) days of the project end date.
- The final report must include a detailed financial statement of actual revenues and expenses accompanied by original receipts/invoices as supporting documentation. The applicant must also submit photocopies of all invoices/receipts. This information must be laid out in spreadsheet format.
- Recipients are subject to provincial government audit. Please retain all supporting documentation.
- All projects must be approved by March 31st, 2022.
David Shears, Programs Manager
186 Duckworth Street
St. John’s, NL A1C 1G5
Phone: (709) 754-2574 (ext. 2)