Vision: Music cultivated at home and celebrated everywhere.
Mission: Leading Newfoundland & Labrador’s music industry through: Advocacy, Education, Connections, Programs & Services and Partnerships.
- Members. We care deeply about our members needs and are always accessible to help.
- Responsible financial stewardship. We manage financial resources wisely, executing our duties with integrity and ethical conduct.
- Diversity and inclusion. We are better together.
- Safe spaces. We are a haven for members, the music community and stakeholders.
- The power of music. Music supports our physical, mental & emotional health. We celebrate it.
Strategic Plan 22-25
Early October 2021 board & staff undertook the planning of a new strategic plan. Thank you to the Department of Industry, Energy and Technology for your support through the Capacity Building Program. And a big thank you to our awesome facilitator Ken Kavanagh.
- Celebration and support of Indigenous peoples.
- Allyship with social justice, reconciliation, diversity, equity & inclusion movements & organizations.
- Recognition in the power of music to heal and bring joy.
- Reduction in our impact on the climate.
Aligning efforts with United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDG):
- SDG #3 Good Health & Well-Being
- SDG #5 Gender Equality
- SDG #8 Decent Work & Economic Growth
- SDG #11 Sustainable Cities & Communities
Code of Conduct
Message from the CEO
Doing things right at MusicNL is important to us. We work hard every day to provide services that enhance the lives of our members and those working in the music sector.
We are clear about what we mean when we talk about doing things right. Not only does it mean that we provide fair services to all members, but it also means that every step we take in delivering these services is taken with ethics and integrity in mind.
Doing things right is not an option at MusicNL, we strive to get it right. Being a part of MusicNL means making a commitment to uphold our company values and following the code of conduct outlined in this document.
Thank you for upholding our values and helping us to be the best music industry association that we can be!
- Member Value Task Force, Chair David Smallwood PAUSED
- Program Funding, Chair Théa Morash
- Program Review, Chair Théa Morash
- Governance, Chair Nigel Jenkins
- Finance, Treasurer and Chair Derrick Sturge
- Human Resource, Chair Leonard Pecore
- Women in Music Canada Atlantic Chapter, Director Krista Vincent and member Colleen Power
- ECMA Board Representative, Leonard Pecore