Volunteer, Events Showcases, Stages Logistics and Local Administration
Deadline to apply is May 17, 2019
Duration: 26 weeks
Wage: $524.00 per week
Employer: Music Industry Association of Newfoundland and Labrador (Music NL)
THIS POSITION WILL BE BASED IN CORNER BROOK
We will need one (1) candidate who will identify the volunteer requirements for the full event. The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating volunteer recruitment, training and scheduling, development of the volunteer database, procurement and set up of the volunteer centre and organizing the volunteer post event thank you party. This position will require communication with all staff to determine their realistic volunteer requirements. Diplomacy and patience will be required.
Under the direct supervision of MusicNL staff, the Volunteer, Events, Showcases, Stages Logistics and Local Administration Coordinator is responsible for the smooth operation of all aspects of the event.
Tasks for this position:
- Develop a plan for volunteer recruitment and screening process including online applications (we will train under the Marcato system)
- Develop and maintain a volunteer database
- Develop volunteer schedule for each department, venue and event
- Respond to public inquiries through telephone, mail, e-mail and social media
- Determine food and beverage needs for all volunteers, working within budget and with designated partners
- Setting priorities and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Attending event committee meetings, preparing and distributing minutes
- Working in cooperation with other event office staff and event committee members
- Fully responsible for on-site volunteer training and management of schedule at all times
- Assess all applicants eligibility for showcases and stages
- Assist in the selection process, and coordinate performances for all showcases and stages. This may include development of registration forms and collection of personal data.
- Working with the Programs, Marketing & Communications Director to ensure all stage requirements are in order and are delivered and set up at each individual stage ie backline, food, drinks etc.
- Ensure a well briefed volunteer stage manager is in place and on time for each showcase and stage.
- Answering general inquiries via telephone, email or office visitors
- Set up of Board and Committee meetings in Corner Brook
- Keeping meeting schedules and minutes
- Controlling Music NL’s banners & signage in Corner Brook
- Performing any other duties as required by the Board or Executive
- Knowledgeable in working with large groups of volunteers and understand the dynamics of working with volunteers
- Strong word processing, spreadsheet & database knowledge
- Strong organizational skills & experience with other cultural or music events an asset
- Professional and efficient phone & e-mail management skills.
- Project/event management experience an asset
- Public speaking experience would be an asset
- Able to work with and meet the needs of the performers and the show producer when required
- Extremely strong and varied experience in Event Management
- Be knowledgeable of the Marcato voting system or willing to undergo training
- Strong computer skills
- Budget management skills
- Experience with other cultural/music events an asset
- Bilingualism an asset but not essential
Interested individuals should apply by submitting a resume and cover letter to the following e-mail address: Glenda@musicnl.ca
This program is funded by Advanced Education and Skills through the JCP Program. Applicants must be currently unemployed and must be on EI now or eligible, have been on EI in the past three years or have received maternity EI benefits in the past 5 years.