EV Salmon Festival Special Related Events & Logistics Coordinator – 1 Position
Duration: 13 weeks
Wage: $524.00 per week
Employer: Music Industry Association of Newfoundland and Labrador (Music NL)
THIS POSITION WILL BE BASED IN GRAND FALLS-WINDSOR
- Deadline to apply is May 17, 2019
We will need one (1) candidate who will be responsible for:
Working with Exploits Valley Salmon Festival Committee, the Festival Producer and
Departmental staff, to ensure all events to be included in the Festival is logistically
ready for the Producer, the AV Company, the performers and the audience.
The successful candidate will be responsible for all detailed reporting on nine events that will make up the Salmon Festival as a whole.
We will need one (1) candidate who will identify all requirements for the production of all events. The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating extra approved staffing/volunteer requirements to ensure the smooth, flawless set up and execution of these events. This position will require communication with all Town of GFW and
MusicNL staff to determine their realistic expectations of these positions. Diplomacy and patience will be required.
Under the direct supervision of the Town of GFW staff and the MusicNL Executive Director, this Coordinator is responsible for the operation of all aspects of the festival events.
Working with the Town of GFW staff and the MusicNL Executive Director, this Coordinator will:
• Work with the Events Producer and management staff to ensure all stage requirements are in order and are delivered and set up at each individual stage ie audio/visual, backline, food, drinks etc.
• Ensure sound checks are scheduled and held when necessary
• Ensure a well briefed stage manager is in place and on time for each performance.
• Extremely strong and varied experience in Event Management
• Strong computer skills
• Experience with other cultural/music events an asset
• Bilingualism an asset but not essential
Tasks for the Administration portion of this position:
• Answering general inquiries via telephone, email or office visitors
• Set up of Salmon Festival Committee meetings in GFW
• Keeping meeting schedules and minutes
• Controlling GFW & Music NL’s banners & signage
• General office operations
• Performing any other duties as required by the Management Team
• Knowledgeable in working with large groups of performers, sponsors and Patrons and understand the dynamics of working with these groups
• Strong word processing, spreadsheet & database knowledge
• Strong organizational skills & experience with other cultural or music events an asset
• Professional and efficient phone & e-mail management skills.
• Project/event management experience an asset
• Public speaking experience would be an asset
• Able to work with and meet the needs of the performers and the show producer when required
Interested individuals should apply by submitting a resume and cover letter to the following e-mail address: Glenda@musicnl.ca.
This program is funded by Advanced Education and Skills through the JCP Program. Applicants must be currently unemployed and must be on EI now or eligible, have been on EI in the past three years or have received maternity EI benefits in the past 5 years