ArtsNL is now accepting applications for the Annual Operating Program for Professional Arts Organizations (AOPPAO), available to professional not-for-profit arts organizations.
Application deadline: Friday, February 15, 2019
(For annual organizational operations starting on/after April 15, 2019 to April 14, 2020)
Please visit http://www.nlac.ca/grants/aoppao.htm to read program information only.
Or, visit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meril5OoXYo to watch/hear Ken Murphy deliver a program overview.
All applications must be submitted using the ArtsNL Online Application System.
To register with the ArtsNL online system, and to complete and submit an application, you must visit https://artsnl.smartsimple.ca
- Confirmation of registration for the online system can take up to two business days.
- Applicants will not be able to complete an application before their registration is confirmed by ArtsNL staff.
View a video of a step-by-step walk through of an Annual Operating Program for Professional Arts Organizations online application here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWZ0F5fcprM
All applicants should note: Eligibility criteria, program guidelines, and application requirements for ArtsNL programs can change without notice. Ensure you review the eligibility criteria, program guidelines, and application requirements for this program within the online application page before you submit your application.
Complete applications MUST be submitted using the ArtsNL Online Application System by the application deadline. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
This program is open to all artistic disciplines served by ArtsNL (dance, film, multidiscipline, music, theatre, visual arts, writing).
Definition of a professional not-for-profit arts organization: A formal organization operating in one or more of the artistic disciplines supported by ArtsNL
- That has the creation and/or presentation of works of art as its primary activity
- That is registered, or operates as a non-profit arts entity
- That has a board of directors overseeing the operations of the organization
- That has a paid artistic director, general manager, or equivalent
- That pays artist fees at established national standards for the artistic discipline(s) and practice in which
- That has internal or external oversight of the organization’s finances and produces an annual
Residency, age, and activity requirements: Professional not-for-profit arts organizations:
- Must have been active in Newfoundland and Labrador for a minimum of one year at the time of submitting an application
- Must have actively engaged in professional arts activities within the last year
- Must have at least half its board members residing in Newfoundland and Labrador
- Must have at least half its board members and artists hired be at least 18 years of age or have post-secondary standing