St. Mark’s is a progressive, inclusive and welcoming faith community that celebrates its faith through the beauty of its liturgy and music and in serving our neighbours. We share in the sacraments and seek to carry God’s love into the world. At St. Mark’s there are no outsiders. St. Mark’s cherishes all persons regardless of race, sexual orientation, gender, social or economic status or physical ability. We welcome all regardless of where they may be on their spiritual journey.
St. Mark’s has always sought to be innovative and to adapt to meet people’s changing spiritual needs. In that spirit our Saturday worship was launched in 2006. The goal was to create an informal and friendly liturgical experience centred on contemporary music, conversational sermons and close-knit community. We make room for questions with a “Question Saturday” each month where the sermon time is open to questions and conversation. In order to build community, we also gather once a month for a meal of soup following worship. Our desire is to build on the successes of our Saturday worship, to draw more people into our community, and to continue to experiment with our liturgical life.
The successful candidate for this position must ….
- Be a person of proven musical ability, who plays an instrument such as the keyboard or guitar and is a strong vocalist.
- Be familiar with, or willing to learn, the rich liturgical tradition of the church.
- Be open to new and progressive liturgical expressions.
- Be able to lead a number of individuals in a band context with integrity and gentleness. The person must also possess excellent communication skills and be adept at conflict resolution.
- Be responsible for Saturday worship at 5:00 pm and weekly band rehearsals from September to May inclusive.
- Be responsible to do music planning in conjunction with clergy and band members. Also, when necessary, to consult with clergy, Sunday Choir Director and Organist to plan and organize special parish services.
The start date for the position is negotiable but it is preferable that the candidate start before the resumption of Saturday worship on September 8. The position is a part-time position and the remuneration is negotiable.
Please email resumes or expressions of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for application is June 30. For more info on St. Mark’s please visit our website http://stmarksanglican.ca/ or our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/stmarksnl/.