Funds for this program are currently exhausted. Please check back later.
Objective: this program is designed to provide professional development for the following:
- To improve creative skills
- To gain greater knowledge of the music industry
- To conduct business that seeks to promote and market MusicNL members outside the province
- To attend (virtual) music related conferences, festivals and events
Applications must be received at the MusicNL office no later than 2 weeks (14 days) prior to the start date of the proposed project. Late applications will not be considered. Applicants are encouraged to submit applications as early as possible. MusicNL cannot guarantee that the application will be reviewed prior to the start of the project.
Projects must demonstrate financial need in order to be considered. Projects must meet program objectives.
Individuals & groups can apply for a maximum of $750.
It is recommended that applicants contact MusicNL’s Program Coordinator, Mariana Castro, to discuss the proposed project prior to submitting the application at firstname.lastname@example.org or 709-754-2574.
How Are Decisions Made?
The Funding Committee is made up of three (3) industry professionals and a Government Liaison. Your application and supporting materials should provide all the information the Committee requires to understand how your projects meets the objectives. Committee meetings are held at the end of each month.
- Applicant must have been a resident of Newfoundland & Labrador for at least six (6) months prior to the application. Proof of residency may be required.
- Applications will be limited to a maximum annual funding of $750.
- Online workshop/conference registration fees
- Tuition fees
- Professional fees (mentors)
- Only those expenses incurred after the application has been received by MusicNL
- Any and all expenses not mentioned under eligible expenses
- Applicant self-pay
- Incomplete applications will not be reviewed
- Your application will not be reviewed if you have a final report that is overdue.
- Include a separate budget that reports the full cost of the project (all expenses incurred even if not eligible under this program.) This information will aid MusicNL in calculating the private investment in each project and to analyze the amount of investment Newfoundland and Labrador music initiatives might require.
- Successful applicants will receive investment support until funding for this program is exhausted.
- MusicNL reserves the right to decline or approve any application.
- All projects must be approved by March 31 of the current fiscal year.
How to Apply
Click the link below to fill out the application form.
Payment Process & Project Completion
- Payment will be issued with 75% up front and 25% upon completion of final report.
- MusicNL reserves the right to a period of four weeks (20 business days) in order to process a claim once all appropriate receipts and final report are received.
- Repayment shall be required if receipts do not exceed the 75% up front payment
- Approved applicants are required to sign a funding agreement
- The final report must be filed within thirty (30) days of the project’s completion. Failure to do so will void the current application and make the applicant ineligible for future funding.
- The final report must include a detailed financial statement of actual revenues and expenses accompanied by original receipts/invoices as supporting documentation. This information must be laid out in spreadsheet format.
- Recipients are subject to provincial government audit. Please retain all supporting documentation