Objective: this program is designed to provide professional development for the following:
- To improve creative skills and business skills
- To gain greater knowledge of the music industry
- To conduct business that seeks to promote and market outside the province
- To attend music related conferences, festivals and events
- To showcase at music conferences, festivals and events
Applications must be received no later than 2 weeks (14 days) prior to the start date of the proposed project. Late applications will not be considered.
Applicants may apply for up to 100% of eligible expenses to a maximum of;
- $1500 Solo artist/individual domestic travel
- $2000 Duo domestic travel
- $2500 Group (3+) domestic travel
- $2500 Solo artist/individual international travel
- $3250 Duo international travel
- $4000 Group (3+) international travel
HOW ARE DECISIONS MADE?
- Funding Committee is made up of three (3) industry professionals and a Government Liaison.
- Meetings take place at the end of each month and are facilitated by the Programs Manager.
- MusicNL reserves the right to decline or approve any application.
- Applicant must have been a resident of Newfoundland & Labrador for at least six (6) months prior to the application. Proof of residency may be required.
- Applications limited to a maximum annual funding of $4000 for solo artists and $8000 for groups regardless of the number of applications made in that period.
Restrictions to eligible expenses
- Best economy rates for flights, hotels and vehicle rentals only
- Mileage under Government of Newfoundland and Labrador provincial rate is eligible only when using privately owned vehicle. Mileage forms must be completed.
- In order to access per diems applicant must have artist or groups individual signatures outlining number of travel days
- Conference and delegate fees will be 50% reimbursed
- Only those expenses incurred after the application has been received by MusicNL.
- Any hired side musicians must be a current resident of Newfoundland and Labrador in order to access side musician fees and/or per diems. Proof of residency may be required.
- Travel, including transportation costs to and from the conference, festival or event
- Per diems
- Project specific promotional material (if applicable)
- Conference/delegate fees
- Any and all expenses not mentioned under eligible expenses
- Any expenses for project when no shortfall has occurred
- Foreign musicians and manager fees
- Award show ticket purchases
- Office rent and office wages
- Rental or purchase of any equipment
- Traffic ticket expenses
- Costumes and wardrobe expenses
- Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
- Your application will not be reviewed if you have a final report that is overdue
- Include a separate budget that reports the full cost of the project (all expenses incurred even if not eligible under this program.) This information will aid MusicNL in calculating the investment
- Travel to MusicNL Week/ ECMA’s is not eligible under this program.
- MusicNL reserves the right to decline or approve any application
HOW TO APPLY
All of the following must accompany your application:
- Complete project description
- Project objectives
- How your project meets the goals of the funding program
- Complete budget
- Professional history of the applicant
- Complete application form
- Project agenda
- Showcasing/Festival applicants must provide a written invitation to showcase with the application
- Demonstrated ability to finance expenses not covered in this funding program.
How to Submit:
- All applications must be submitted electronically
- If you have technical questions regarding your submission email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Strongly recommended that a staff be contacted at least a month in advance of submission to discuss the proposed project before an application is submitted. Applications must be submitted at least two weeks in advance.
PAYMENT PROCESS AND PROJECT COMPLETION
- Payment will be issued with 75% up front and 25% upon completion of final report.
- Eligible travel under this program must originate and end in Newfoundland and Labrador.
- MusicNL reserves the right to a period of four weeks (20 business days) in order to process a claim once all appropriate receipts and final report are received.
- Repayment shall be required if receipts do not exceed the 75% up front payment
- Approved applicants are required to sign a funding agreement
- The final report must be filed within thirty (30) days of the project’s completion. Failure to do so will void the current application and make the applicant ineligible for future funding.
- The final report must include financial statement of actual revenues and expenses accompanied by original receipts/invoices as supporting documentation. This information must be laid out in spreadsheet format.
- Recipients are subject to provincial government audit. Please retain all supporting documentation